POLICIES & FORMS
Policies & Procedures
Please carefully read the policies and procedures below and sign on the bottom. These policies are in place to ensure everyone’s safety and smooth operations of our facility. All policies and important information are also posted on our website for your reference. COVID-19 protocols will be communicated as necessary.
1. Tuition for one, 55 minute class is $75.00 per month for our September through June session. Tuition for a 1.5 hour class is $90.00 per month for our September through June session. A 5% discount is offered for 2 classes. A 10% discount is offered for 3 or more classes. For parents who register more than 1 child, a 5% discount is applied per student. Studio closures and holidays will not be charged. DANCE UNLIMITED reserves the right to host classes in a virtual format if deemed necessary and payment remains the same. A NEW student registration fee of $50.00 is in addition to first months tuition (no more than TWO registration fees will be applied when registering multiple family members). A re-registration of $25.00 (no more than TWO fees per family) occurs at the start of each new season.
2. Payment Method: The only accepted method of payment for tuition is a credit card or bank account on file for automatic debit on the first of the month. You are able to pay directly online using our secure system within the DANCE UNLIMITED Parent Portal. Should a credit card be declined, the customer will have until the 15th of the month to update their information with us and make a payment. For payments not received by the 15th of the month, a $10 late fee will be added on the account. Any tuition 2 months or more past due will result in the suspension of lessons until your tuition is paid.
3. Refunds: REFUNDS are not given for tuition. An exception is made for prolonged absences. In the case of studio closure due to inclement weather, tuition for that class will be applied to the following month’s tuition.
4. Missed Classes: Make-up classes are available if your child misses class due to illness, family vacation, etc. Makeup classes must be scheduled with the front desk and must be completed within 30 DAYS of your child’s missed class.
Viewing Policies/Lobby Conduct
1. Student Drop-Off/ Pick-Up Procedures: Upon entering the studio, please use hand sanitizer and change shoes in the waiting area. Shoe storage and hooks are available for your convenience. Students should have a parent or caregiver accessible by phone at all times during class. Please limit to ONE person dropping off each child. Students are dismissed from the dance floor to the waiting area to meet their parent or pick-up person so that they can change their shoes and gather their belongings. Please be prompt when picking up your child so that you can assist them if needed. Hand sanitizer is available upon exit.
2. Viewing Area: Parents are allowed to view class through the viewing area of the classroom (space permitting). Please do not block other children’s parents from viewing the class. Instructors may ask families to step out of the viewing area if they deem necessary. PLEASE ROTATE AT THE VIEWING AREA AND BE COURTEOUS TO OTHER FAMILIES.
3. Photography/Videography: In the age of smartphones, it is easy to take pictures or videos of your children in dance class and share with family members or friends. For the safety and privacy of our students, you MUST ask the instructor’s approval to take any photos or videos during class. Any photos or videos taken should focus on YOUR child only. DANCE UNLIMITED, with the approval of the Director, reserves the right to use all pictures and/or videos of students for the purpose of advertising and/or promotion of the studio. This includes the studio website and social media pages. (Please initial one of the following).
______ I grant permission to use my child’s photograph/video for the purposes mentioned above
______ I DO NOT grant permission to use my child’s photograph/video for the purposes mentioned above
4. Care & Control of Siblings/Visitors: It is expected that all visitors to our dance studio are respectful of our space and treat it as they would their own home. Please control siblings’/visitors’ behavior, throw out any trash, and keep noise to a minimum. Please keep food and drink to a minimum.
1. Timeliness: Please arrive on time. Most classes are only 55 minutes, and late arrivals can disrupt the entire class. Please ensure children use the restroom before class begins. Please call the studio if you know your child will not be in class.
2. Food/Beverages: NO food or beverages (except water) are permitted on the dance floor.
3. Disruptive/Disrespectful Behavior: Please treat our facility as you would your own home (i.e. pick up/remove trash; monitor children in and out of class; do not stand on furniture or put feet on walls, etc.). Unruly or disrespectful classroom behavior will not be tolerated from any student.
4. Prolonged Absences: Cases of prolonged absence due to illness or injury should be discussed with the teacher and a doctor’s note should be provided when appropriate. Our student’s health and safety is our top priority. If a student cannot take class for 3 weeks or more, due to reasons beyond their control (i.e. severe illness or injury) there will be no charge for absences when a doctor’s note is submitted. If a child is unable to attend class multiple weeks in a month for any other reason, tuition must still be paid for that month to hold the child’s spot in the class. It is imperative that you notify the Director immediately. If the student must withdraw from classes prior to month end, there will be no tuition refund for that current month.
Recital/ Performance Policies
Performances, Rehearsals and Recital dates will be communicated as they are planned. All students registered in classes are invited to participate. Ticket prices and costume costs will be advertised at a later date, but as soon as possible. Costume fees paid are 100% non-refundable.
1. Attire: Appropriate dance attire must be worn during class. Our dress code provides uniformity, ensures safety, and prevents distraction during class. It’s the same as having to wear a sports uniform for a sports team. All dress code requirements are listed per class.
2. Registering for Classes: Our staff has years of experience working with a variety of age groups and dance disciplines. Please do your best to register for the classes we recommend for your child based on our knowledge of their age, abilities, and personality. We evaluate our students throughout the year, and we will recommend placing a child in a different class if necessary. New students will be placed according to age and previous dance experience.
3. Sick Policy: There will be a zero tolerance policy for students who are sent to dance class while ill. Students should remain fever, vomiting, and diarrhea free for 48 hours prior to returning to class after an illness. Students who have been exposed to or live with someone who has been ill should remain home. Please use your discretion if your child has allergies. Those with any kind of coughing symptoms should remain home.
4. Lost Items: DANCE UNLIMITED is not responsible for any lost or damaged items. In an attempt to keep our facility as sanitary as possible, we will not keep items in a lost and found bin longer than 1 week. Items will be tagged with the date they were left behind and then donated 1 week later.
5. Inclement Weather: In the case of inclement weather, please check our social media sites and parent portal for updates.
6. Risk: Like any other physical sport or activity there is always the element of risk. By attending classes at DANCE UNLIMITED, students and parents agree that DANCE UNLIMITED, its teachers, landlord and employees cannot be held liable for any claims or injuries in the dance studio or during studio performances.
7. Insurance: DANCE UNLIMITED does not carry medical insurance for its students. It is required that all dance students be covered by their own family insurance policies.
If you are registering for DanceAbilities, please download the Parent Partner Form to fill out and bring to the first class or drop-off prior to first class.
Parent Partner Form
©2021 All rights reserved. DANCE UNLIMITED.
We are located at 840 Putnam Pike, Chepachet, RI 02814 • Call (401) 526-8866